Gayety Gay news, mens style and entertainment.
- “Everything’s Gonna Be Okay” Is Back With More Hilarious Drama in Season Twoby Caitlynn McDaniel on April 8, 2021 at 7:09 pm
Get ready because the Freeform series Everything’s Gonna Be Okay is returning for a second season, and the Moss family we know and love is cooking up even more drama. Australian comedian Josh Thomas, creator of the drama Please Like Me, perfectly captured the highs and lows in his latest coming-of-age series, Everything’s Gonna Be Okay. The first season’s The post “Everything’s Gonna Be Okay” Is Back With More Hilarious Drama in Season Two appeared first on Gayety.
- Black Queer Representation To Make A Big Splash in Animation With “Pritty”by Caitlynn McDaniel on March 30, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Jay stands at the edge of the pool and worries over whether he has what it takes to make the leap. To face his fear and dive into the water. The team behind Pritty, an upcoming animation, had to take a leap of their own in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. They initially set The post Black Queer Representation To Make A Big Splash in Animation With “Pritty” appeared first on Gayety.
- Help Filmmaker Andrew Meikle Tell His Next Queer Storyby Gayety Staff on March 2, 2021 at 2:15 am
The Black Lives Matter and Gay Rights movements are brought into blazing focus in Andrew Meikle’s Two Brothers. This original eight-part series follows Aiden and Aaron, two fraternal twins who move to the small town of Severn Bridge where they both struggle to find self-acceptance while trying to fit in with the close-minded quarters of The post Help Filmmaker Andrew Meikle Tell His Next Queer Story appeared first on Gayety.
- Ultra Naté, Angelica Ross and Mila Jam Dish on New Song With Proceeds Going to Trans Charitiesby Caitlynn McDaniel on February 18, 2021 at 2:18 am
“Be Legendary. Be Necessary. Be Extraordinary.” “Fierce” is an electro-pop anthem that doubles as a love letter and a rallying cry for transgender and gender non-conforming people of color. The danceable party tune “aims to enlighten, educate and celebrate” the trans community and their mission with a portion of the proceeds going to three transgender The post Ultra Naté, Angelica Ross and Mila Jam Dish on New Song With Proceeds Going to Trans Charities appeared first on Gayety.
- Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci Break Hearts in ‘Supernova’by Caitlynn McDaniel on February 3, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Supernova, which officially hit theaters in the U.S. on January 29, 2021, simultaneously reaches for the stars and deeply grounds its characters in the reality of mortality. Sam (Colin Firth) and Tusker (Stanley Tucci) are traveling in an RV on a road trip around England to a piano concert Sam will be playing in a The post Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci Break Hearts in ‘Supernova’ appeared first on Gayety.
- Keiynan Lonsdale Slays On-Stage Virtual Performanceby Gayety Staff on November 24, 2020 at 2:43 am
Keiynan Lonsdale‘s Billboard Live At-Home Pride Edition performance hit YouTube, and it’s fire. Livestreams during the COVID-19 pandemic tend to go one of two ways; the artists either perform from their bedrooms and record using a webcam or go all out and put on a full-on stage show without an audience. Australian actor and artist The post Keiynan Lonsdale Slays On-Stage Virtual Performance appeared first on Gayety.
- Watch the Very Gay Trailer for ‘The Christmas Setup’by Gayety Staff on November 23, 2020 at 6:04 pm
Are you dreaming of a queer holiday season? Your dreams are about to come true; 2020 is shaping up to be one of the gayest years in holiday movie history. Last night, Hallmark Channel premiered The Christmas House, the network’s first queer-themed holiday film. If you missed it, don’t worry, you can stream it on The post Watch the Very Gay Trailer for ‘The Christmas Setup’ appeared first on Gayety.
- 18 Disney Characters Who Are Probably LGBTQby Gayety Staff on November 21, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Disney has always had queer-coded characters. Although the portrayals are not always positive, characters like LeFou from Beauty and the Beast and Terkina from Tarzan add a hint of queerness to the storylines of many Disney films. While queerness is rare in leading Disney characters, the House of Mouse has stood by its decision to include The post 18 Disney Characters Who Are Probably LGBTQ appeared first on Gayety.
- What Is Sexual Fluidity and What Does Being Sexually Fluid Mean?by Dylan Selterman on November 21, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Explainer: what is sexual fluidity? Sexual preferences are not set in stone and can change over time, often depending on the immediate situation the individual is in. This has been described as sexual fluidity. For example, if someone identifies as heterosexual but then finds themselves in an environment with only people of the same gender, The post What Is Sexual Fluidity and What Does Being Sexually Fluid Mean? appeared first on Gayety.
- A Brief But Thorough History of the Word ‘Transgender’by KJ Rawson on November 20, 2020 at 8:26 pm
What’s in a word? The challenges of “transgender”. Thanks to media coverage like the New York Times’ Transgender Today series, celebrities like Laverne Cox and television shows like Transparent, most people are becoming increasingly familiar with transgender culture. Of course, trans-ing gender roles has occurred for centuries. And with help from collaborators from around the The post A Brief But Thorough History of the Word ‘Transgender’ appeared first on Gayety.