LGBTQ Nation The Most Followed LGBTQ News Source
- Mary Trump nails Meghan McCain for ducking out of an interview with her on the Viewby Alex Bollinger on August 2, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Shutterstock/Simon & Schuster promotional imageBut McCain found time to chastise Kathy Griffin for decades-old jokes as the comedian was in surgery for lung cancer.
- Olympic diver “wouldn’t be here” if not for his gay dadby Juwan J. Holmes on August 2, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Team USA/NCAA/Screenshots”I tell everyone, when they ask me why I dive, I dive purely for my dad,” Jordan Windle proudly said.
- The Olympics may have more LGBTQ representation than ever but it still has some major issuesby Juwan J. Holmes on August 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Shutterstock/LGBTQ Nation compositeThere is historic representation at the Olympics, but some of the best LGBTQ athletes didn’t make the trip – and the ones that did have been misgendered, publicly maligned, and even outed while in Japan.
- Soccer player Quinn becomes first out trans athlete to win a medal at the Olympicsby Bil Browning on August 2, 2021 at 2:59 pm
Video screenshotLast week, they became the first openly trans athlete to participate in the Olympic games.
- Kathy Griffin announces lung cancer diagnosisby Alex Bollinger on August 2, 2021 at 2:45 pm
ShutterstockGriffin is having surgery today to have part of her left lung removed.
- Cannabis dispensary blocked trans man from bathroom to keep him from “looking at men’s parts”by Alex Bollinger on August 2, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Screenshot/TikTok”Try to get over whatever is bothering you,” the co-owner told him when he got upset she thought he was a pervert.
- Matt Damon brags that he quit saying “f****t” last year after his daughter begged him to stopby Bil Browning on August 2, 2021 at 1:30 pm
ScreenshotBig wow, Matt. Welcome to the 21st century.
- Republicans now want you to get the vaccine. But they also keep lying about it.by John Gallagher on August 1, 2021 at 9:14 pm
ShutterstockSome conservatives are now promoting the vaccine because of Donald Trump’s tepid recommendation. The right’s commitment to furthering conspiracy theories around it are a lot louder, though.
- Children’s museum receives death threats because drag queens were planning to read thereby Juwan J. Holmes on August 1, 2021 at 8:20 pm
Screenshot/Nebraska TVThe event was private and after hours but “overwhelming” threats of violence to the museum forced the event to be postponed anyway.
- DaBaby is dropped from Lollapalooza music festival for series of insensitive remarksby Juwan J. Holmes on August 1, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Shutterstock”Lollapalooza was founded on diversity, inclusivity, respect, and love. With that in mind, DaBaby will no longer be performing.”
- Soccer player comes out while he’s surrounded by his teammates. This is what happened next.by Juwan J. Holmes on August 1, 2021 at 4:15 pm
Screenshot/Twitter”I love you guys, I really do,” Jahmal Howlett-Mundle told his teammates. They showed him love back.
- Another woman with “too high” natural testosterone is disqualified at the Olympicsby Juwan J. Holmes on August 1, 2021 at 2:45 pm
ShutterstockFrancine Niyonsaba was first banned from her regular competition by the same rule affecting Caster Semenya and others. She made it to the Olympics anyway – just to get disqualified on another technicality.
- Christian adoption agency gets canceled by fundamentalists for serving LGBTQ peopleby Juwan J. Holmes on July 31, 2021 at 11:42 pm
ShutterstockThe supposed “world’s largest Christian music festival,” taking place for 40 days & nights amidst a pandemic, was fine with their religious sponsor. Until an employee went digging into their past.
- Here are some basic facts about HIV/AIDS you should know. Don’t be like DaBaby.by Juwan J. Holmes on July 31, 2021 at 7:30 pm
YouTube screenshotHere are some clear truths and realities about HIV/AIDS for those who don’t know or need a refresher.
- Dolly Parton shares her way of honoring Whitney Houston’s legacy after her deathby Juwan J. Holmes on July 31, 2021 at 5:00 pm
ShutterstockShe also answered why she didn’t have the chance to sing “I Will Always Love You” together with the bisexual singer before her passing.
- Here’s what Grindr is doing to figure out how a right-wing site outed a priest with app databy John Gallagher on July 31, 2021 at 3:00 pm
ShutterstockGrindr has launched an investigation to get to the bottom of the alleged use of their data to out a high-ranking priest. It’s a lot more complicated than you think, CEO Jeff Bonforte tells LGBTQ Nation.
- President Biden chooses out rabbi to serve on international religious commissionby Juwan J. Holmes on July 31, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Screenshot/BravoThe White House said that Biden chose Sharon Kleinbaum because she has long proven herself as “a powerful voice for religious freedom, LGBTQ rights and other human rights.”
- LGBTQ athletes are shining after the opening week of the Olympicsby Juwan J. Holmes on July 30, 2021 at 10:15 pm
TwitterOver a week since the flame was lit and the Olympic Games commenced, very few teams have gleamed as much as “Team LGBTQ” has in Tokyo thus far.
- Judge yells at MAGA rioter who refuses to wear mask and “is not into vaccines”by Alex Bollinger on July 30, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Shutterstock”Judge is now screaming at defense lawyer,” one journalist reported. “Both defense lawyer and client might end up in jail.”
- Lesbian & her dog stabbed to death during gruesome attack in city parkby Alex Bollinger on July 30, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Atlanta PoliceKatherine Janness was last seen crossing a rainbow crosswalk with her dog Bowie. Hours later, her fiancee tracked her body down using an app.
- The New York Times is insisting on using the deadnames of trans journalistsby Juwan J. Holmes on July 30, 2021 at 6:00 pm
ShutterstockThe union representing New York Times writers said they “aren’t budging on the issue,” but the newspaper finds it “unacceptable” that the name of a writer might not match their print archives.
- Sarah Palin says she’s considering a run for the Senate “if God wants me to”by Bil Browning on July 30, 2021 at 5:00 pm
ShutterstockGod could not be reached for comment, but it doesn’t look like he’s in favor based on her previous performance.
- Lil Nas X releases uncensored “Industry Baby” videoby Bil Browning on July 30, 2021 at 4:00 pm
ScreenshotYou knew it was coming.
- Anti-LGBTQ megachurch loses lawsuit to get people to stop calling them a hate groupby Alex Bollinger on July 30, 2021 at 3:19 pm
YouTube screenshotThey said it’s defamation and anti-Christian discrimination to call them a hate group. But free speech won the day.
- A Chicago suburb is finally repealing a law that bans people from wearing opposite sex clothingby Bil Browning on July 30, 2021 at 2:40 pm
ShutterstockThe ordinance governed “obscene and immoral acts.” And relics of old anti-LGBTQ laws like it are still on the books nationwide.